The Dunwoody Police Department was founded on April 1, 2009, shortly after the City of Dunwoody was incorporated in December 2008. The Dunwoody Police Foundation was founded in 2019 as a way of supporting the Dunwoody Police Department by providing equipment and training, aid programs, and helping foster partnerships throughout the community.
Qualified Law Enforcement Donation Credit
DUNWOODY POLICE FOUNDATION
The Dunwoody Police Foundation is an independent, non-partisan 501 (c)(3) organization dedicated to improving policing by financially supporting the Dunwoody Police Department and its personnel.
The men and women of our Dunwoody Police Department welcome any support as they carry out their duties to protect our great city. Please donate today to support us in our mission of supporting those that serve and protect us.
Emergency Aid Program
Provide aid to officers or staff of the Dunwoody Police Department in emergency situations.
Improve and assist in making the community of Dunwoody a safer place to live and work through partnerships between the citizens and the Dunwoody Police Department. Examples include education materials and items that will enhance public safety in the community.
Equipment & Training
Support the purchase of special equipment and specialized training for Dunwoody Police Department that is in keeping with the department’s mission.
- Baku Daruwalla – Co-President
Manager Banker Sales Support, First Citizens Bank
- Janet Glass – Co-President
- Rick Holland – Board Member, President Emeritus
- Dr. David Goodchild – Board Member
David G. Goodchild DMD LLC
- Gregory Jay – Board Member
Chandler, Britt & Jay, LLC
- Anita Augello – Board Member
- James Glass – Treasurer
- Margie Kidd – Secretary
- Fred Brandt
- The Dunwoody Police are responsible for patrolling over 13 square miles of residential and commercial property.
- The Department is comprised of more than 75 sworn and civilian personnel.
- The Department is divided into three main divisions:
- Uniform Patrol
- Criminal Investigations
- Administrative Services
- Donations to the Dunwoody Police Foundation can receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit.
FROM THE CHIEF
A key ingredient to a safe city is having a supportive community that works closely with its police department. Fortunately, we have always had that positive relationship with our community here in Dunwoody. With the formation of the Dunwoody Police Foundation, I am confident the department and citizens working together can accomplish even more to keep Dunwoody safe.